Nutella Mille Crêpe Cake
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 (at room temperature)|
|Cake flour||100 Gram|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (melted)|
|Milk||250 Milliliter (at room temperature)|
|Vanilla extract||5 Drop|
|Nutella||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh cream/Heavy cream||200 Milliliter|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl, sift the flour.
2. Add sugar and egg, and mix well with a wire whisk.
3. Add half the milk and melted butter, and mix well.
4. Strain the batter to remove lumps.
5. Add the rest of the milk and a few drops vanilla extract, and mix until smooth.
6. Cover with a plastic wrap and leave the batter to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
7. Use a nonstick pan, or wipe the surface of the frying pan with a thin layer of cooking oil using a paper towel.
8. Heat the pan on medium, pour a ladleful of the crepe batter into the pan, slowly move the pan in a circular motion to spread the batter evenly.
9. Cook the crepe until the edges begin to dry, then flip the crepe over and cook the other side for about 10 seconds.
11. Leave them to cool completely.
12. For the Filling: In a dry and clean bowl, combine fresh cream and granulated sugar.
13. Place the bowl in ice water; whisk the cream until it forms a soft peak.
14. Place one layer of crepe on a plate. Spread the cream. Place another layer of crepe, and spread nutella. Repeat until you have used all the crepes.
15. Rest the cake in the fridge for 1 hour and cut into half. Spread nutella (use it as a glue) and place the other half on top to make a half round mille crepe cake as shown in the video.
16. Rest in the fridge until chilled and nutella hardens up.
17. Take it out from the refrigerator, slice and serve right away
The proportions are given for 8 crepes.
Calories 573 Calories from Fat 227
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.4%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87.8 mg29.3%
Sodium 120.7 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.8%
Sugars 48.2 g
Protein 11 g21.4%
Vitamin A 6.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 19% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet