|Chicken thigh||180 Gram (without skin)|
|Shimeji mushrooms||100 Gram|
|Green bell pepper||75 Gram|
|Red bell pepper||75 Gram|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot water||350 Milliliter|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|White wine/Sake||50 Milliliter|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. If your clams have some sand in them, place the clams in a dark container and fill it with salted water (as salty as sea water). And let sit for several hours. The clams push salt water and sand out of their shells.
2. In a bowl, soak a pinch of saffron in the 350ml hot water to extract the color.
3. Devein shrimps with shells using a bamboo skewer or a toothpick.
4. Cut squid into rings.
5. Cut chicken and bacon strips into bite-sized pieces.
6. Break shimeji mushrooms into pieces.
7. Mince the onion and garlic.
8.Cut peppers into strips and dice the tomato.
9. In a pan, heat the olive oil.
10.Saute onion and garlic until fragrant.
11.Add bacon and chicken, and cook until cooked through.
12. Add the rice and stir until evenly coated with oil.
13. Add white wine (or sake), saffron hot water, bouillon cube , bay leaf, shimeji mushrooms, and diced tomato.
14. Cover (use a lid without a hole, or if you have a hole on your lid, seal it with aluminum foil) and bring to a boil on high heat for 5 minutes.
15. Add shrimps and clams on top of the rice.
16. Cover and set to low heat and let it simmer for 13-15 minutes until water is absorbed and rice is cooked.
17. Arrange peppers on top, cover again, and steam on low heat for 5 minutes.
18. Uncover, and turn the heat to high until when you hear the crackling noise or until the liquid is gone.
19. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve directly from the pan.