Monkfish with Sea Scallops and Sauted Veggies
|Monkfish filets||4 Medium|
|Carrot||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Pearl onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||5 Medium|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Basil||2 Teaspoon, minced and frozen (2 Dorot brand cubes)|
|Zucchini||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Squash||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Cauliflower||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Scallop||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into halves|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
To make carrot puree:
2. Boil carrot slices in a pan of boiling salted water and add a dice of butter.
3. Strain the carrots and add some carrot puree into the strained ones.
4. Add into a food processor and process along with 2 tablespoons of butter and cream.
To roast monkfish:
5. Season monkfish filet with salt and pepper.
6. In a pan heat oil and sear the seasoned monkfish.
7. Place the monkfish in the preheated oven to roast for about 20 minutes.
To cook sautéed vegetables and scallops:
8. In another pan melt a tablespoon of butter and brown halved pearl onions.
9. Add cut garlic cloves, zucchini, squash, cauliflower, red bell pepper and asparagus.
10. Add 2 dorot frozen basil cubes into the sautéing vegetables.
11. Squeeze over some lemon juice and add some balsamic vinegar, vegetable stock and oil.
12. In another pan heat 1 tablespoon of oil and sear scallop pieces turning on both sides until brown.
13. On a plate spread the carrot puree, remove the monkfish from the oven and place.
14. Spoon the veggies with their juice and arrange scallops around and serve.
Calories 839 Calories from Fat 350
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.9%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.4 mg31.1%
Sodium 1054.4 mg43.9%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 31.7 g
Protein 25 g50.9%
Vitamin A 235.2% Vitamin C 45%
Calcium 21.3% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet