Jumbo Fluke with Pea Puree Sauce and Veggies
|Flounder fillet||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Wild spring onion/Scallion||2 Tablespoon, cut roughly|
|Baby fennel leaves||2 Tablespoon, cut roughly|
|Fava beans||2 Tablespoon, cut roughly|
|Spring peas||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (2 cups for puree)|
|Tomatoes||2 Tablespoon, diced|
|Chicken stock||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cube||1 (Dorot brand, equivalent to 1 minced garlic)|
|Shallot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced thinly|
|Chanterelle mushroom||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halved and diced|
|Shitake mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halved and diced|
|Rampe leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped roughly|
|Minced basil cube||1 (Dorot brand, equivalent to 1 teaspoon minced basil)|
|Truffle oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Thyme leaves||2 Medium|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a pan heat oil and saute baby fennel bulbs, fava beans, spring peas, tomatoes chopped, salt and pepper.
2. Add 1 Dorot garlic cube and continue to cook.
3. In another pan, saute thin shallot slices and chanterelle mushroom pieces for a while.
4. Add herbed butter (with parsley and chives) and stock and cook.
5. Stir in shitake mushrooms, rampe leaves and 1 cube minced basil and cook.
6. Season the filets with salt and pepper and dust with flour.
7. In a pan heat 4 tablespoons oil and brown the fish filets until lightly golden brown.
8. Squeeze over lemon and add thyme.
9. To make peas puree, boil peas in water until done, drain completely, blend in a blender and season with truffle oil and curry powder.
10. On a serving plate make a bed of sauted vegetables, top with a fish filet and then top with sauted mushrooms.
11. Spoon over seasoned pea puree and extra virgin olive oil and serve.
Calories 355 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.1%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g28.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.2 mg37.4%
Sodium 871.9 mg36.3%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.9%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 29 g57.1%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 32.5%
Calcium 9% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet