Quinoa is an Andean cereal that is considered a super food due to its nutritional values. It is found in health stores, Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s in the US. However, a lot of grocery stores are starting to carry it because of its ever growing popularity. This meal can be served as a lite vegetarian dish or as a side.
3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked
1 Tablespoon (or 20 fresh thyme sprigs)
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place the tomatoes in a roasting pan.
3. Drizzle with olive oil, add salt, thyme and black pepper. Roll tomatoes around to coat them completely.
4. Place in the oven and roast for about 20 minutes.
5. Remove pan from oven and add Balsamic vinegar and sugar. Shake pan to coat the tomatoes.
6. Return pan to oven and cook for an extra 20 minutes.
7. Remove tomatoes from pan and toss around to coat well.
8. In a serving plate, serve the tomatoes on top of steamed quinoa or couscous.
Check on the box and see if the quinoa being used has been pre-rinsed, otherwise rinse it thoroughly before cooking.