Quinoa with Curried Zucchini
|Quinoa||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Zucchini||5 Cup (80 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic clove||2 Large, minced|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (if required) (Optional)|
1. Wash the quinoa very well, scrubbing it between your hands and rinsing often
until water comes out clear.
2. Place quinoa in a fine sieve colander and allow the water to drain well.
3. Heat a skillet over high heat until very hot. Add the quinoa and toast, stirring
constantly, until quinoa turns golden and starts crackling, about 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Prepare the other ingredients according to the list.
5. In a separate pot bring the vegetable stock to a boil.
6. Add the toasted quinoa and the nutmeg. Season with salt & pepper and cover.
7. Reduce heat and allow steaming for approximately 20 minutes.
8. While the quinoa is cooking, heat a skillet and add olive oil.
9. Add the zucchini and the garlic and cook, stirring often until zucchini is browned.
10. Add the curry and mix well.
11. Check your quinoa and add a little water if needed to continue cooking.
12. Place the cooked zucchini on top of the quinoa, without stirring and allow quinoa to finish cooking.
13. Mix the cooked quinoa with the zucchini.
14. In a serving plate, serve it hot.
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 552.1 mg23%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 10 g39.9%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 15 g29%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 45.6%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 31.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet