Millet is considered to be one of the least allergenic and most digestible grains available. This "millet mash" is a delicious, nutritious substitute for regular mash potatoes. Serve it to your friends, family and kids but don't tell them what's in it. When they love it....tell them, they will be amazed.
2 Tablespoon (olive oil if you are vegan)
Extra virgin olive oil
1 Large (peeled and diced)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped
1 Cup (16 tbs)
3 Cup (48 tbs) (chicken stock or water)
1. Heat olive oil and 1 Tbsp of the butter in pot, add shallot and sauté until soft.
2. Once the shallots are softened, add the millet stir to coat with the oil.
3. Add in the cauliflower, herbs and stock. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce flame, cover and simmer for 30 minutes until the grain is cooked.
5. Add 1 Tb of butter. Mash with a potato masher until smooth.
6. Season with sea salt & pepper.