Filipino Style Spaghetti Sauce
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Garlic cloves||4 , minced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Velveeta cheese/Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Spaghetti sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce|
1. In a sauce pan heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
2. Saute the garlic for 30 seconds followed by the onion for another 2 minutes or until soft and transparent.
3. Add the ground pork and break the lumps. Saute until browned. Drain some grease if desired.
4. Sprinkle 2 tsp of sugar season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour in the spaghetti sauce and the tomato sauce into the pan and stir to mix well.
6. Simmer on very low heat, until sauce comes to a boil, adding water as needed and stirring occasionally.
7. When it is almost done, mix in the grated Velveeta cheese, turn the heat off and serve.
8. Ladle the sauce over hot, cooked and drained spaghetti (or any kind of noodles).
9. Top with additional sprinkle of Parmesan cheese if desired. Accompany with crusty bread if you like.