1. Heat the broth through and set aside with the water
2. Wash the roast meat well
3. In a large pan, heat a little oil and pan sear the meat on all sides for three minutes
4. Transfer the hot meat to a crock-pot on a medium setting
5. To the same pan, add the carrots, onions, and the celery and roast in the pan juices till moderately brown. Add these to the crock-pot when done
6. Season the meat and veggies in the crock-pot with salt and pepper
7. Pour in the beef broth and water so that the meat is covered and add rosemary or any herb mixture that you like.
8. Set aside to cook for 20- 45 minutes