Mediterranean Kefta Burger
|Burger buns||6 Medium, cut in half|
|For burger patties|
|Ground beef/Lamb||1 Pound|
|Flat leaf parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seven spices||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For onion parsley garnish|
|Flat leaf parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|For tahini mayonnaise sauce|
|Mayonnaise||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Tahini paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Kabees- pickled turnip||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, sliced|
|Lettuce leaves||6 Medium (Optional)|
1. FOR TAHINI MAYONNAISE SAUCE: In a bowl combine the mayonnaise, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and paprika and set aside for topping.
2. FOR ONION PARSLEY GARNISH: In another bowl combine the onions, parsley, salt and sumac. Set aside.
3. In a food processor blend the onion and parsley until well blended, then add the ground meat, salt and 7 spices and blend until well combined.
4. Form meat into 6 burgers and cook on grill or in a pan for around 8 minutes.
5. To assemble the burgers, toast the buns and top both sides with tahini mayonnaise, add burger patty and top with onion/parsley. Cover with the other half of the bun.
6. In a serving plate, serve the burger with kabeese (pickled turnips) and tomatoes and even lettuce if desired.