Beef in Beer
|Steak||1 Pound (Skirt / Chuck)|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 , grated|
|Hot water||1⁄4 Pint|
|Beef stock cube||1|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
1) Wash the meat and cut into 2-inch pieces.
2) Take the meat pieces and coat in flour.
3) Take a saucepan and melt butter. Add sliced onions.
4) Add meat and cook until the meat turns brown.
5) Season the meat and onions. Now, add sugar, nutmeg, garlic and bay leaf.
6) Take hot water and dissolve the beef cube. Add this to the meat.
6) Transfer the meat into the casserole and simmer for 2 1/2 hours at 275 degrees F, 140 degrees C, Gas Mark 1.
7) Now pack and freeze.
8) Serve the dish immediately.