Spicy Lamb Burger with Cucumber Raita and Roasted Tomato
|Lamb||7 Ounce, ground (for the pattie (good quality))|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, ground (for roasted tomato, use as per taste)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for roasted tomato)|
|Bread bun||1 Gram (good quality)|
|English cucumber||1 Medium (for cucumber raita)|
|Small red onion||1⁄2 Medium (for cucumber raita)|
|Plain yogurt||170 Gram (for cucumber raita)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon, ground (for cucumber raita)|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||10 Small (for cucumber raita, use as per taste)|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (for cucumber raita, use as per taste)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (for roasted tomato, Maldon sea salt use as per taste)|
|Caraway seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for roasted tomato)|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon (for the pattie)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for the pattie)|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon (for the pattie)|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon (for the pattie)|
|Mint||1 Teaspoon, dried (for the pattie)|
|Red chili||1 Medium (for the pattie, optional) (Optional)|
|Fennel seeds||1 Teaspoon, roasted (for the pattie)|
|Iceburg lettuce leaves||4 Medium (for the burger)|
|Roma tomato||2 Medium (for roasted tomato)|
|Paprika||1 Small (for garnish)|
1. Preheat an oven at 375 degrees.
To make the cucumber raita :
2. Peel the cucumber, halve it, then coop out the seeds and grate.
3. In a bowl add the grated cucumber, grated red onion, toasted cumin powder and plain yogurt mix well.
4. Add salt, pepper and a little sugar mix well.
5. Add some chopped coriander and mix well.
To make roasted tomatoes:
6. Chop a tomato and place in a cup.
7. Add some salt, pepper, ground caraway seed and some olive oil, mix well and place in the oven at 375F for 25 minutes.
To make the lamb patties:
8. In a bowl add fresh ground lamb garlic powder, cayenne pepper, curry powder, cumin powder and dry mint.
9. Deseed and chop some fresh red chilies and add to the lamb mixture.
10. Heat a pan and roast some fennel seeds and mix with the lamb mixture.
11. Using a pattie cutter shape the lamb mixture into patties.
12. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
13. Heat a pan to medium high, place the pattie and cook until done to your liking.
14. Remove the roasted tomatoes from the oven.
To assemble the burger:
15. Cut a crispy bun into half, coat with some olive oil and toast.
16. Place a burger and then chopped lettuce strands over it.
17. Place the cooked pattie and spread the cucumber raita.
18. Place the roasted tomato over it and top with the other bun half.
19. Arrange some roasted tomato pieces and paprika pieces on a serving plate, place the burger and serve.