1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Keep aside
3. In an electric mixing bowl, cream together the butter with sugar. Beat until smooth and creamy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until well combined.
5. Add pumpkin puree and blend for about 2 minutes until well combined.
6. In another bowl, combine the all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Stir nicely.
7. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and blend until just combined.
8. Stir in the chocolate chips and blend until just combined and soft.
9. Take the greased pan, pour the batter into it and spread it evenly, and smooth out the top.
10. Bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for an hour or until the tester comes out clean.
11. Once done, remove the pan from the oven and let the loaf sit in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove and let the loaf cool completely on a rack before serving.
12. Cut the loaf into desired slices and serve with tea or coffee.