|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange||1 , grated rind|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), mix water if needed|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (optional)|
1. Grease a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan with butter or margarine.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF (180°C).
3. Using a hand blender, cream butter and sugar in mixing bowl. Add in eggs one at a time and whisk until smooth. Add in rind and juice. Mix well.
4. In a different bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and walnuts. Mix well.
5. Transfer all the dry mixture at once into butter mixture. Mix all together until just moistened.
6. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes.
7. Check the doneness with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes. Take away from pan to finish cooling on rack.
8. Make slices and serve. Or wrap and store.
Calories 526 Calories from Fat 208
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.2%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.8 mg36.9%
Sodium 319.5 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 37.7 g
Protein 9 g17%
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 37.1%
Calcium 16.3% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet