|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packages)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (105 To 115F)|
|Eggs||4 , well beaten|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Mixed candied peel||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners' sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. In a large pan, add the milk and heat it gently till it starts to bubble.
3. Add the granulated sugar to the pan along with salt and butter and heat again till the sugar is dissolved. Let this mixture cool till it becomes lukewarm
4. In the large bowl of an electric mixer, tip in the yeast and the warm water and mix well till dissolved.
5. Add the lukewarm milk mixture, egg, lemon peel and 2 cups of flour to the bowl and beat well on medium speed till it is smooth
6. Add the rest of the flour and mix well till completely combined. This will take 2-3 minutes
7. Cover with a damp towel and let this dough rise in a warm place at 85F till it light and bubbly.
8. Stir down the mixture with a spoon and then add the candied peel and raisins and mix well
9. Turn out this mixture on to a lightly greased 10-inch decorative pan or tube pan. Cover with towel; let rise until 1 inch from top of pan about 1 1/4 hours.
10. Bake the kuchen 35-40 minutes till it is golden-brown.
11. Sprinkle with confectioner-€™s sugar and serve hot.