First Spring Ham And Olive Loaf
|Soft bread crumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground cooked ham||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Ground pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Ground veal||1⁄2 Pound|
|Apple jelly||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) In a large bowl mix eggs, bread crumbs, milk, onion, green pepper, catsup, mustard, salt and pepper.
3) Beat with a fork to combine.
4) Let stand 5 minutes.
5) Stir in meat and mix well with fork.
6) Line a large baking pan with foil, shape half of ham mixture into a loaf 14 inches long and 6 inches wide.
7) Garnish with stuffed olives on top. Press three in a row 1/2 inch apart on the surface.
8) Mound rest of ham mixture over top and press lightly.
9) Freeze for 1 hour.
10) Bake for 30 minutes and take off from oven.
11) Brush the loaf with half of melted apple jelly.
12) Bake again for 40 minutes.
13) Put the loaf to platter.
14) Brush again with jelly.
15) Serve hot or cold.