|Button mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|White sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon, grated|
1) Preheat the oven to the temperature of 350°.
2) Trim the mushrooms.
3) Finely chop the mushrooms, reserving four for decoration.
4) In a saucepan, melt 2 tbsp butter and cook the chopped mushrooms for 5 minutes.
5) Add the white sauce.
6) Season with salt, pepper and a little grated nutmeg to taste.
7) Remove pan from heat and allow to cool slightly, then add in the eggs one at a time.
8) In a greased 6-inch souffle, pour the mixture and bake for about 45 minutes till set.
9) Meanwhile, flute one of the reserved mushrooms and thinly slice the other three.
10) In a saucepan, melt remaining butter in a saucepan and fry mushrooms till golden.
11) Unmold mushroom loaf.
12) Serve the loaf hot, garnished with fried mushrooms, on a bed of lettuce leaves.