|Button mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|White sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon, grated|
1) Preheat the oven to the temperature of 350°.
2) Trim the mushrooms.
3) Finely chop the mushrooms, reserving four for decoration.
4) In a saucepan, melt 2 tbsp butter and cook the chopped mushrooms for 5 minutes.
5) Add the white sauce.
6) Season with salt, pepper and a little grated nutmeg to taste.
7) Remove pan from heat and allow to cool slightly, then add in the eggs one at a time.
8) In a greased 6-inch souffle, pour the mixture and bake for about 45 minutes till set.
9) Meanwhile, flute one of the reserved mushrooms and thinly slice the other three.
10) In a saucepan, melt remaining butter in a saucepan and fry mushrooms till golden.
11) Unmold mushroom loaf.
12) Serve the loaf hot, garnished with fried mushrooms, on a bed of lettuce leaves.
Calories 161 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.4%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g28.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 125.1 mg41.7%
Sodium 238.9 mg10%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 8 g16.6%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 7% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet