Easy Lemon Curry Roasted Chicken
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Curry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Apple||1 , halved|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound (3- 3 1/2, whole, cleaned)|
|Lemon||2 Medium (Juice, rind)|
|Apple||1 Medium, cut in half|
|Curry powder||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((PASTE))|
1. Clean the chicken of excess fat on the skin and the inside. Wash and rinse it and set aside.
2. In a bowl add olive oil, curry powder, salt, pepper, brown sugar and thyme sprigs and whip it well to combine.
3. Preheat the over to 4250C.
4. Take the chicken in a baking tray.
5. Squeeze the juice of a lemon over the chicken and also inside its cavity. Leave the rind inside the chicken.
6. Pour the prepared paste over the chicken and apply it through out and rub it into the chicken and inside it as well.
7. Tuck the wings behind the chicken to roast it properly.
8. Add few extra sprigs of thyme over it.
9. Cut an apple and place it inside the chicken.
10.Squeeze in the juice of one lemon and leave the rind in the tray.
11.Add the chicken broth, white wine, cinnamon sticks, salt and pepper.
12.Put it in the oven for about 1- 1 1/2 hour or till the chicken is tender and brown.
13.On a serving platter serve it as whole with the apple, cinnamon, lemon rind.
14.Take the juice in the tray and stir to get the brown bits in the bottom of the pan and pour it over the chicken before serving.
15.Serve it with Jasmine steamed rice or roasted cabbage.
If the chicken is large it takes more time to roast. So keep in the oven till done.
The curry powder can be made by mixing turmeric, paprika, coriander, cumin, etc. It is easier if bought from the market as it would contain all the necessary ingredients.
While rubbing the paste over the chicken, rubber gloves can be used as the paste is spicy, also it can get messy. So the rubber gloves makes it easy to clean up.