Scrambled Eggs Au Gratin
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, freshly sliced|
|Vermouth/Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bacon||1 Pound, cooked, crumbled|
|Strong cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Pound, grated|
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons of butter.
3. Add in the flour and stir to smooth consistency.
4.Gradually add in 3 cups of milk.
5.Let simmer until sauce thickens.
6.Add in the salt and pepper.Keep aside.
7.In another saucepan, pour in the lemon juice or vermoth.
8. Add the mushrooms and saute.
9.Take a saucepan, beat the eggs in it and add in 1/2 the cup of milk. Beat.
10. Melt about 2 tablespoons of butter and pour this into the egg.
11. Cook egg milk mixture to scarmble it.
12.In a pan, cook bacon to crumble.
13. Combine together mushrooms, bacon, scrambled eggs and the grated cheese.
14.In a 13x9 baking dish or shallow casserole, layer this.
16. Bring to room temperature and then bake for 30 minutes.
17. Serve warm.
18. Freezes well hence can be frozen and baked for breakfast or brunch during Christmas.