Green Chile Chicken
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Frozen corn kernels||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Frozen corn kernel||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Canned chopped green chiles||8 Ounce, drained (2 Cans, 4 Ounce Each)|
|Boneless, skinless, whole chicken breasts||1 1⁄2 Pound (2 In Number)|
|Skinless, boneless chicken breasts||1 1⁄2 Pound (2 Whole Breasts)|
|Monterey jack cheese/Sharp cheddar cheese||2 Ounce|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, cover, and simmer over low heat until it is translucent and tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for a few seconds just to release its aroma.
2. Add the oregano, cumin, and flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the milk, stirring continuously, to create a smooth sauce. When all of the milk is incorporated, bring the liquid to a simmer over medium heat, and simmer to thicken, 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
3. Add the corn and chiles and simmer, uncovered, while you prepare the chicken and cheese.
4. Cut the chicken into 1 X 1/2-inch strips, and grate the cheese or cut it into 1/4-inch dice.
5. Add the chicken to the sauce, bring to a simmer over low heat, and cook, uncovered, until the chicken is just cooked through, 5 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat, add the cheese, and stir until the cheese is just melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve in deep bowls.
Calories 775 Calories from Fat 177
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 239.7 mg79.9%
Sodium 1128.9 mg47%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.9%
Sugars 14.4 g
Protein 93 g185.1%
Vitamin A 153% Vitamin C 85.7%
Calcium 30.8% Iron 25.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet