Orange Breakfast Loaf
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange peel||1 Teaspoon, divided|
|Melted margarine||1 2⁄3 Tablespoon, divided (1 Tablespoon Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
|Refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits||10 Ounce (1 Package, Ready-To-Bake Variety)|
|Cream cheese||3 Tablespoon, whipped|
|Confectioners sugar||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Unsweetened orange juice||1 Tablespoon (No Sugar Added)|
1) Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
2) Use a small bowl, to combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon orange peel. Place it aside.
3) Reserve 1 teaspoon margarine and place aside.
4) Place the biscuits to brush with equal amount of remaining margarine on top.
5) Sprinkle equal amount of the brown sugar mixture (about 1 teaspoon) on top.
6) Prepare a loaf by placing 1 biscuit on its side and gently pressing the sugared side against the un-sugared side of another biscuit. Repeat the process to prepare the loaf.
7) Use a 7 3/8 x 3 5/8 x 2 1/4-inch nonstick loaf pan to transfer the loaf.
8) Brush the top with reserved margarine.
9) Place inside oven to bake for 35 minutes or until loaf is lightly browned.
10) Transfer the loaf on wire rack and cool for 5 mintues.
11) Meanwhile, In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, orange juice, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon orange peel. Prepare a smooth mixture.
12) Serve the warm loaf by pouring sugar mixture along the center.