Mexican-Style Scrambled Eggs
|White onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Stewed tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
1. Prepare the sauce by melting 1 tablespoon butter in small saucepan.
2. Add sliced onion and sauté until soft. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in flour until smooth.
4. Gradually stir in tomatoes; bring to boiling, stirring. Reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes. Keep warm.
5. In 3 tablespoons hot butter in skillet, sauté green pepper, chopped onion, and the garlic until tender. This will take about 5 minutes.
6. In medium bowl, beat eggs with milk, salt, and pepper until well combined.
7. Add to sautéed vegetables. Cook over low heat. As eggs start to set, lift with spatula to let uncooked portion run underneath.
8. Serve warm with tomato sauce.