1. Wash and clean the cantaloupe from the outside, remove the skin and scoop out the seeds.
2. Cut in long strips around 1 inch wide and turn and cut one inch wide again, It should be like small dices.
3. Shred the imitation crab sticks, finely chop the mint leaves, fresh basil, mince the garlic and onions, and keep it aside until needed.
4. In a medium size bowl combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, zest, old bay seasoning, cayenne, fish sauce, minced garlic and onion, mint, basil, sugar and salt and pepper.
5. Mix everything well and then add the shredded crabs and toss everything together.
6. Chill the mixture for an hour before serving.
7. Serve the spicy crab salad over bed of chilled cantaloupe.
My Spicy Crab Salad on Chilled Cantaloupe makes either a palate pleasing appetizer or the main course for a light meal on a warm evening.
Both visually pleasing and bursting with layers of asian-influenced flavors you'll love this creation whenever you choose to serve it.
Culinary Carrie: Spicy Crab Salad On Chilled Cantaloupe Recipe Video