Scrambled Eggs and Mushrooms
|Eggs||3 (For Each Person)|
|Hard butter||3 Teaspoon|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Can (2.5 oz) (1/2 Small Can)|
|Chopped onion||2 Teaspoon|
1. Finely chop the bacon.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs until light and frothy.
3. Cut butter into small cubes and add to the eggs along with onion and salt and pepper.
4. In a skillet, fry the bacon to render the fat and until it is nicely browned and crisp.
5. Remove bacon onto a paper towel and add the mushroom to the drippings.
6. When bacon is slightly cooled add to the eggs.
7. Cover the pan and cook mushrooms for 15 minutes on a medium low flame.
8. Uncover and sauté until moisture evaporates and mushrooms are brown.
9. Whisk the eggs once before tipping into the pan over the mushrooms.
10. Lightly sauté to scramble the eggs and cook until set yet soft.
11. Remove onto a plate immediately.
12. Serve immediately with buttered toast if you like
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 449 Calories from Fat 323
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.7%
Saturated Fat 15.9 g79.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 675.6 mg225.2%
Sodium 1001.9 mg41.7%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.91 g3.6%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 25 g49.8%
Vitamin A 22.1% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet