Spaghetti Lyonnaise Au Gratin
|Water||1 1⁄2 Pint|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Spaghetti||8 Ounce, broken|
|Onions||3 Medium, chopped|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄4 Pint|
|Cheese||4 Ounce, grated|
|Wheat germ oats/Rolled oats||3 Tablespoon, rolled|
|Chopped parsley/Chives||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1) In a saucepan, boil the spaghetti in the salted water for 5 minutes, then stir in the vegetable oil and onion and boil further.
2) In a bowl, combine the cornflour, pepper, nutmeg, water and milk together.
3) When the spaghetti is just soft, stir in the cornflour mixture.
4) Boil for further 1 minute until thickened, then season to taste.
5) In a shallow ovenproof dish, turn the spaghetti and sprinkle evenly with the grated cheese and wheatgerm or oats.
6) Place under a hot grill until the cheese is brown and sprinkle with the chopped parsley or chives.
7) Serve immediately with a salad of chicory, tomato and orange, or with the broccoli, sprouts or kale with the French dressing.