Harmony Hero A Vegetarian Hoagie
|Provolone cheese slices/Cheddar cheese slices||3|
|Romaine lettuce leaves||2|
|Avocado slices||6 (Use Seasonal Fruit)|
|Mixed vegetables||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use Various Varieties)|
|Alfalfa sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pita bread/2 slices bali's rye bread||1|
1. Cut the pita bread into half so that you get two pita pockets.
2. Line each pita pocket with lettuce.
3. Over the lettuce, layer 1 ½ slices of cheese in each pocket
4. Arrange tomato and cucumber and avocado slices over the cheese.
5. Then stuff the pita breads with a salad of various vegetables (zucchini, avocado, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, red cabbage, peppers, onions, mushrooms) raw or cooked, with or without dressing.
6. Stuff pita pocket with alfalfa sprouts.
7. Generously spoon the tahini dressing into the pocket so that it coats the stuffing.
8. Lightly tap the bottom of the pita pockets on the table top to pack the filling inside and not have it fall out when you eat it.
9. Serve the Harmony Hero A Vegetarian Hoagie immediately so that it does not go soggy.