Eggplant And Chicken Chili
|Sesame oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Green onions||4 (Or Scallions)|
|Green chili pepper||1 , finely chopped|
|Skinned boned chicken breast||12 Ounce|
|Light soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
1) With a sharp knife, cut the eggplant into quarters, lengthwise. Then slice the eggplant quarters into pieces which are about ½-inch thick.
2) Into a bowl, put the eggplant slices and generously sprinkle with salt. Stir well so that each piece is evenly coated. With plastic wrap, cover the bowl and allow it to stand for about 30 minutes.
3) Rinse the eggplant slices very properly under running water and with a clean kitchen towel, pat dry.
4) In a wok or a large skillet, heat half of the oil and cook the garlic gently till it has softened but has still not colored.
5) Add the eggplant slices and continue cooking, frequently stirring, for about 3 to 4 minutes.
6) Slice the green onions into thin strips diagonally. Stir into the eggplant which has been cooked together with the chilli and cook for about a minute. Set the eggplant and onion aside and ensure that they are kept warm.
7) With a sharp knife, cut the chicken breast into thin slices.
8) Heat the oil left behind in the wok or skillet and fry the chicken pieces for about 2 minutes or till they have turned while and are properly cooked.
9) Put the eggplant and onions back in the pan and continue cooking, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes or till the ingredients have heated and cooked thoroughly.
10) Mix the remaining ingredients together and pour them all over the chicken and eggplant in the pan. Keep stirring continuously till the sauce has cleared and thickened.
11) Serve immediately.