1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Trim crusts from bread slices. Brush both sides with melted butter.
3. Press a slice into each of 4 (6-oz) custard cups. Place on cookie sheet; bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until bread is toasted.
4. Meanwhile, in small bowl, with rotary beater, beat eggs with milk, salt, and pepper until well combined.
5. Heat butter in medium skillet until a little cold water sizzles when dropped on it.
6. Pour egg mixture into skillet; cook slowly until eggs start to set. Then stir constantly with fork until eggs are soft and creamy.
7. To serve: Fill toast cups with egg mixture. If desired, sprinkle with crumbled, cooked bacon or chopped parsley.