Indo-Chinese Vegetable Fried Rice -Fusion
|Basmati rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cooked, drained (Boiled in water mixed with required salt)|
|Whole wheat noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Boiled)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Garlic paste||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger paste||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut lengthwise|
|Carrots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Boiled peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Frozen used)|
|Green beans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Frozen used)|
|Beans sprouts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red chili sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Green chilies||3 Medium, cut lengthwise (Fried)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, chopped (Fried)|
|For the garnish|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1. In a pot boil the rice and once boiled, drain the water and rinse the rice in cold water. Set aside.
2. Take a pan and heat it with a couple of tablespoons of oil, add crushed garlic, garlic paste, ginger paste and green chili paste. Saute for a minute.
3. Add the onions and carrots. Saute for a couple of minutes and add soy sauce, vinegar and saute for a minute.
4. Add a pinch of ajinomoto. Stir and add the green beans and peas and continue to stir. Then add the bean sprouts. Stir until cooked through.
5. Add the cooked noodles and rice to the sauteed vegetables. Stir for a couple of minutes.
6. Lastly add the fried red bell pepper and green chilies and stir.
7. Garnish with chopped cilantro and green onions and serve warm with any stir fried vegetable dishes of your choice.
You can add any vegetable in the rice.
Calories 480 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.2%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.1 mg10.7%
Sodium 458.2 mg19.1%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.6%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 11 g23%
Vitamin A 60.1% Vitamin C 138.6%
Calcium 5% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet