Easy Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Crushed tomato||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (More Cheese If Required)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl add flour, cornmeal, yeast, sugar, and salt. Combine together.
3. Pour the water and butter into the bowl. Mix until it forms dough.
4. In a bowl drizzle some oil and knead the dough.
5. Let it rise for 45 minutes to an hour. Cover and keep aside.
6. In a pan add butter over medium heat.
7. Drop the grated onion into the pan.
8. Add the oregano and ½ teaspoon salt. Stir to mix.
9. Add mashed garlic into it.
10. Add the whole can crushed tomatoes.
11. Add ¼ teaspoon of sugar into it and mix.
12. Simmer over medium low heat for 25 minutes.
13. Roll out the dough into round shape.
14. Put 4 tablespoon of butter over the dough and spread well.
15. Roll the dough and cut from the center into two.
16. Roll the dough again into a ball.
17. Keep the ball in the fridge and set it rise for 45 minutes.
18. In a nine inch pan and roll out 2 tablespoon of olive oil to coat the pan.
19. Roll out the dough and spread the dough into the pan covering it.
20. Arrange mozzarella cheese over the pan.
21. Spread tomato sauce generously over it.
22. Add tossed sausages over it.
23. Grate parmesan cheese over it.
24. Bake in 425-450 degree oven for 20 minutes.
25. Slice and serve.
Calories 559 Calories from Fat 347
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.7%
Saturated Fat 20.5 g102.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84.4 mg28.1%
Sodium 1169.6 mg48.7%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 9 g19%
Vitamin A 29.3% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 13% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet