Make A Date Spicy Fruit Loaf
|Nonstick vegetable oil spray||1|
|Chopped mixed dried fruit||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||13 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 3/4 Cup)|
|Whole wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Packed light brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Bran cereal flakes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg whites||4 Large|
|Butter flavored granules||1 Teaspoon, mixed with 1/3 cup hot water or 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk (1 Package)|
|Hot water/1/2 cup low fat buttermilk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Skim milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat 9 x 5 x 3-inch nonstick loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In small bowl toss dried fruit with 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour.
3. Into large bowl stir together 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Add sugar and cereal.
4. In large bowl beat egg whites until foamy. Stir in liquefied butter-flavored granules or buttermilk, and skim milk.
5. Stir liquid ingredients into flour mixture until just moistened. Fold in dried fruit. Scrape mixture into prepared pan.
6. Bake 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on rack completely.