Make A Date Spicy Fruit Loaf
|Nonstick vegetable oil spray||1|
|Chopped mixed dried fruit||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||13 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 3/4 Cup)|
|Whole wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Packed light brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Bran cereal flakes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg whites||4 Large|
|Butter flavored granules||1 Teaspoon, mixed with 1/3 cup hot water or 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk (1 Package)|
|Hot water/1/2 cup low fat buttermilk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Skim milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat 9 x 5 x 3-inch nonstick loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In small bowl toss dried fruit with 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour.
3. Into large bowl stir together 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Add sugar and cereal.
4. In large bowl beat egg whites until foamy. Stir in liquefied butter-flavored granules or buttermilk, and skim milk.
5. Stir liquid ingredients into flour mixture until just moistened. Fold in dried fruit. Scrape mixture into prepared pan.
6. Bake 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on rack completely.
Calories 347 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.8%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.43 mg0.14%
Sodium 367 mg15.3%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 22.7 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 0.68%
Calcium 18.8% Iron 30.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet