Basic Jambalaya / Paella dish I made up... I had no recipe. Just went off instincts...watch the Sapodeaux's Paella Jambalaya part I for a truly unique experience.
1 Pound (Remove the head)
1 Cup (16 tbs), slice
1 Pound (cut in small peices)
1 Medium, finely chopped
1 Medium, finely copped
Medium grain rice
2 Cup (32 tbs)
3 Tablespoon (Goya, Sofrito)
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. Remove the head from the shrimps, cut the chicken breast into small pieces and keep it aside separately.
2. Slice the sausages and keep it in a bowl.
3. Finely chop the onion and bell pepper and keep it aside until needed.
4. Pour 2 tablespoon of olive oil in the paella pan and sauté the chicken for 20 minutes, remove and keep it aside.
5. In the same pan sauté the sausage and then the shrimps until done, keep everything aside.
6. Add the onion and bell pepper sauté for few minutes and then add the rice, pour 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
7. Sauté the rice until it browns, add the tomato base and 1 cup of water little at a time.
8. Add the kitchen bouquet and Cajun seasoning and stir all the ingredients.
9. After few minutes add the sausages and chicken, bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 30 minutes, cover the pan.
10. Add 2 cup water and stir after 15 minutes into cooking.
11. Towards the end, add the shrimps and green peas and simmer for 10 minutes and turn off the heat.