This white chicken chili recipe is very easy to make, but most importantly, it is delicious. I tweaked the recipe a bit in terms of how I prepare the chicken. Most recipes call for the chicken to be cooked indoors. However, I decided to smoke the chicken. I used boneless and skinless chicken thighs rather than breasts, so they only took 1 1/2 hours, and the flavor they impart on the chili is simply awesome.
1 1⁄2 Pound, boneless/skinless (5 chicken thigh, cooked indoors or smoked and cubed)
1 Medium, chopped
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
Canned great northern beans
2 Can (20 oz)
Canned cannellini beans
1 Can (10 oz) (1 can -15.5 oz)
8 Ounce, diced (1 small can)
1) In a Dutch oven, saute the onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons of olive oil over a medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until translucent.
2) Stir in the cumin, oregano and chili powder
3) Then add the chicken broth, beans, green chili peppers and chicken.
4) Bring it to a boil, then allow to simmer over a low heat for at least 1/2 hour.
5) Serve the chili with your favorite cheese and corn chips.
Look out for this unique white chicken chili recipe that uses smoked chicken and green chili peppers, a wonderful twist to the usual chili recipes. The chef here adds plenty of beans to impart a rich creamy texture to the chili. The video is fantastic and a must see.