|Onions||2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Canola oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken||2 Pound, coarsely ground|
|Canned tomato sauce||32 Ounce (4 Cans, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Mexican style chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||2 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a pot, heat oil and sauté onion and garlic in oil until soft.
2) Stir in the chicken and sauté until done.
3) Stir in all the remaining ingredients except for flour and mix well.
4) Put the lid on and allow to simmer for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
5) In a small cup, place the flour and little liquid from chicken mixture, mix well.
6) Stir in the flour mixture into the chicken mixture, and stir continuously over low heat for 5 minutes.
7) Serve the Chicken Chilli hot with steamed rice, and garnish with chopped scallions if desired.