Ideas for Leftover Beef, Chicken and Potatoes
|For the oriental beef salad|
|Cooked roast beef||50 Gram, slice|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Small, slice|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Small, slice|
|Gem lettuce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mint leaves||5 Small|
|For the dressing|
|Red chillies||2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Fish sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|For the eggs and chips|
|Boiled potatoes||1 Large, slice (new potatoes)|
|Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
|For the chicken risotto|
|Cooked chicken breast||1 Cup (16 tbs), dice|
|Onion||1 Medium, slice|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), slice|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Risotto rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tarragon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Chives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
FOR THE ORIENTAL BEEF SALAD
1. Thinly slice the cooked roast beef, set aside.
2. Slice cucumber, red onion and break the gem lettuce by hand.
3. Finely chop the red chilies, garlic and ginger.
4. In a bowl combine red chilies, garlic and ginger, fish sauce, sesame oil and lime juice, set aside.
5. In a serving bowl place the beef in the bottom to it with toasted sesame seeds, cucumber, red onions, gem lettuce and mint.
6. Drizzle the dressing all over the salad.
7. Serve the oriental beef salad along with your meal.
FOR THE EGGS AND CHIPS
1. Slice the boiled potatoes, set aside.
2. In a frying pan pour oil and fry the potatoes until golden brown, once done remove and drain excess oil on paper towel.
3. Toss the potatoes in a bowl and season it with salt, rosemary and garlic powder.
4. Fry one sunny side up egg.
5. Place the potatoes in a serving plate and place the fried egg on it, sprinkle smoked red paprika.
6. Serve the eggs and chips hot.
FOR THE CHICKEN RISSOTTO
1. Slice the onions and garlic, dice the cooked chicken, set aside.
2. Finely chop tarragon and chives, set aside.
3. In a saucepan pour olive oil and sauté the onions and garlic until its soft.
4. Add the chicken followed by risotto rice and stir, pour the chicken stock and cook the rice until almost done.
5. Add the peas, tarragon, chives and lemon juice on top and stir everything together.
6. Serve the chicken risotto hot.