Live on the edge! This adventurous recipe adds the craveable flavor of sticky sweet candied bacon to rich chocolate marshmallow fudge.
Bacon strips slices
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
For fudge sauce
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
3 Cup (48 tbs)
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)
Semisweet baking chocolate squares
1. Line a 4 ½-inch x9-inch loaf pan with foil or baking paper, extending the foil over edges of pan.
For Candied Bacon:
2. Generously coat bacon strips with brown sugar. Place them on a baking sheet.
3. Pop the baking sheet in a cold oven and turn the temperature to 350 degree F. Bake for about 20-30 minutes or until caramelized and crisp.
4. On a foil lined baking sheet, transfer the candied bacon strips and let cool.
5. In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 4 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 234 degree F, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
6. Add vanilla, chocolate, and marshmallow crème. Stir until completely blended and chocolate is melted.
7. Arrange 2 strips of candies bacon in the bottom of lined baking pan, and top with ¼ of the fudge. Repeat with 3 more layers of bacon and fudge. Top fudge with 2 remaining strips of candied bacon. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
8. Carefully lift fudge out of the baking pan and slice into ½-inch slabs.
Have you ever tried Bacon Fudge Bars? It might sound weird unless you watch this video and find out yourself. This is one of the most rustic fudge bars you would have ever come across. The crispness and saltiness of bacon taste amazing with the chocolate. Try it out!