Bacon Fudge Bars
|Bacon strips slices||10|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For fudge sauce|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Semisweet baking chocolate squares||12|
|Marshmallow creme||7 Ounce|
1. Line a 4 ½-inch x9-inch loaf pan with foil or baking paper, extending the foil over edges of pan.
For Candied Bacon:
2. Generously coat bacon strips with brown sugar. Place them on a baking sheet.
3. Pop the baking sheet in a cold oven and turn the temperature to 350 degree F. Bake for about 20-30 minutes or until caramelized and crisp.
4. On a foil lined baking sheet, transfer the candied bacon strips and let cool.
5. In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 4 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 234 degree F, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
6. Add vanilla, chocolate, and marshmallow crème. Stir until completely blended and chocolate is melted.
7. Arrange 2 strips of candies bacon in the bottom of lined baking pan, and top with ¼ of the fudge. Repeat with 3 more layers of bacon and fudge. Top fudge with 2 remaining strips of candied bacon. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
8. Carefully lift fudge out of the baking pan and slice into ½-inch slabs.
9. Serve and enjoy!
Foil or baking paper
Calories 331 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g34.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.6 mg9.2%
Sodium 99.2 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.06 g0.26%
Sugars 54 g
Protein 2 g3.2%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 0.34%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 0.34%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet