Caramel Pecan Fudge Rounds
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||2|
|Evaporated milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (1 Small Can)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Caramel||14 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Broken pecans||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) In a large heavy saucepan, place together sugar, salt, chocolate, evaporated milk, and corn syrup.
2) Gently heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and chocolate melts.
3) Raise the heat and cook without stirring, to 236°F or a teaspoon of sugar mixture dropped in cold water form soft ball.
4) Take the pan off the heat.
5) Add butter or margarine and vanilla. (Do not stir in.
6) Let cool in pan on a wire rack to 110°, or until bottom of pan feels lukewarm.
7) Base of the pan should come down to lukewarm.
8) Using whisk, beat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until fudge starts to thicken and lose its glossiness.
9) Transfer into prepared dish.
10) Allow to stand until the sugar mixture sets-€” for 2 to 3 minutes.
11) Knead half of the fudge, at a time, with your hands and until soft.
12) Roll each half into two rolls of 1 inch in diameter and 6 inches long.
13) Put the rolls on the wax paper.
14) In the top of a double boiler, place caramels with water.
15) Heat over hot water, stirring several times, until melted and mixture is creamy-smooth.
16) Allow to cool slightly.
17) On a sheet of wax paper, smear the pecans.
18) Work 1 roll at a time, cover about half the roll with caramel mixture and roll in pecans to coat well.
19) Turn the roll around and cover about half the roll with caramel mixture and roll in pecans to coat well.
20) Do the same with remaining fudge rolls.
21) Allow to stand until coating is firm.
22) When ready to serve, slice about 1/2 inch thick and serve.
Can be stored in refrigerator wrapped tightly in wax paper, foil, or transparent wrap, for 2-3 days.
Calories 912 Calories from Fat 372
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.7%
Saturated Fat 11 g54.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.6 mg7.9%
Sodium 238.6 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 133 g44.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21%
Sugars 115.8 g
Protein 10 g19.5%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 20.5% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet