|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||2|
|Evaporated milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (1 Small Can)|
|White corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
1) Lightly butter a dish and leave aside.
2) In a saucepan place together sugar, salt, chocolate, evaporated milk, and corn syrup.
3) Simmer and cook stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves and chocolate melts.
4) Take the spoon out and put the thermometer in the sugar mixture.
5) Raise the heat and cook without stirring, to 236°F.
6) Take the pan away from the heat.
7) Add in butter or margarine and vanilla (without stirring), allow to cool on a wire rack to 110°F.
8) Base of the pan should come down to lukewarm.
9) Using whisk, beat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until fudge starts to thicken and lose its glossiness.
10) Transfer into prepared dish.
11) Allow to stand until the sugar mixture sets for 2 to 3 minutes.
12) Slice at once in smooth neat squares.
Calories 594 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.5 mg9.5%
Sodium 121.8 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g38.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 106.4 g
Protein 5 g9.7%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 13% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet