|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||2|
|Evaporated milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (1 Small Can)|
|White corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
1) Lightly butter a dish and leave aside.
2) In a saucepan place together sugar, salt, chocolate, evaporated milk, and corn syrup.
3) Simmer and cook stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves and chocolate melts.
4) Take the spoon out and put the thermometer in the sugar mixture.
5) Raise the heat and cook without stirring, to 236°F.
6) Take the pan away from the heat.
7) Add in butter or margarine and vanilla (without stirring), allow to cool on a wire rack to 110°F.
8) Base of the pan should come down to lukewarm.
9) Using whisk, beat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until fudge starts to thicken and lose its glossiness.
10) Transfer into prepared dish.
11) Allow to stand until the sugar mixture sets for 2 to 3 minutes.
12) Slice at once in smooth neat squares.