Apple Fudge Squares
|Unsweetened chocolate square||2 Ounce (2 squares)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten well|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), beaten well|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Apple sauce||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. Grease an 8 inch x 8 inch x 2 inch pan with butter and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, soda, baking powder and salt. Sieve together. Keep aside.
4. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine shortening and chocolate. Melt on low flame.
5. Once melted, remove off flame and add vanilla extract, apple sauce, eggs and sugar. Mix well.
6. Add sieved ingredients and nuts. Mix well.
7. Transfer prepared mixture on to greased pan and bake in pre heated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or till done.
8. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
9. When slightly cool, cut into 2 inch squares.
10. Place on a serving tray and serve immediately.