Festive Fudge Filled Bars
|Quick oats||2 Cup (32 tbs), uncooked|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted|
|Vegetable shortening||2 Tablespoon|
|Plain chocolate candies||16 Ounce (2 1/4 cups, 1 package, M & M's)|
1. In a bowl, mix together flour, oats, nuts, sugar, baking soda, salt and mix well.
2. Now, add melted margarine and mix until the mix resembles coarse crumbs.
3. In a saucepan, melt shortening, add half of the chocolate candies and mix until smooth and blended. Add in condensed milk and keep warm.
4. Into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan, put half of the flour and oat mix and press to the bottom.
5. In a preheated oven, bake the mixture at 225 degrees centigrade for about 10 minutes.
6. Now, over the crust of the cooked flour and oat mix, pour the warm milk mixture, sprinkle with remaining chocolate candies, remaining flour mix and press lightly.
7. Bake again for another 20 minutes, until slightly brown.
8. Cool the contents and then cut into even sized bars.
9. Serve cool.