Mocha Nut Fudge
|Sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon, divided|
|Coffee flavored liqueur||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), melted|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped toasted|
1. Take a heavy Dutch oven and butter its sides.
2. In a pan cook combining sugar, milk, corn syrup and butter with constant stirring over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves.
3. On sides of pan using a pastry brush dipped in hot water, wash down any sugar crystals.
4. To the pan attach a candy thermometer, making sure thermometer does not touch bottom of pan and bring to a boil continuing to stir increasing heat to medium.
5. Increase heat to medium and bring to a boil letting it cook, without stirring, until syrup reaches hard-crack stage (approximately 300 to 310 degrees) and turns light golden in color.
6. Check pouring about 1/2 teaspoon syrup in ice water if it forms hard threads in ice water but will soften when removed from the water.
7. Removing from heat add remaining 3 tablespoons butter, liqueur and vanilla without stirring.
8. in 2 inches of cold water in sink place pa to cool to approximately 110 degrees.
9. Add melted chocolate and beat in an electric mixer, at medium speed until thickened and no longer glossy.
10. Stir in pecans and drop teaspoonfuls of mixture onto waxed paper.
11. Cool completely and store in an airtight container in a cool place.
12. Serve as snacks with beverages or as desired.