Chocolate Fudge Frosting
|Granulated sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Take a saucepan, add granulated sugar, water, corn syrup, unsalted butter and cocoa and cook to dissolve sugar. Take care to avoid boiling the mixture.
2. Once sugar dissolves, bring the mixture to boil. On low heat, boil till a candy thermometer shows 238°F.
3. Take off from the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
4. Using a wooden spoon, beat to thicken the mixture.
5. Use instantly to coat the cake.
To avoid thermometer sticking, move occasionally. Keep a wooden spoon across pan bottom, but avoid beating the mixture.