Chocolate Fudge Frosting
|Granulated sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Take a saucepan, add granulated sugar, water, corn syrup, unsalted butter and cocoa and cook to dissolve sugar. Take care to avoid boiling the mixture.
2. Once sugar dissolves, bring the mixture to boil. On low heat, boil till a candy thermometer shows 238°F.
3. Take off from the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
4. Using a wooden spoon, beat to thicken the mixture.
5. Use instantly to coat the cake.
To avoid thermometer sticking, move occasionally. Keep a wooden spoon across pan bottom, but avoid beating the mixture.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2723 Calories from Fat 566
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g100.3%
Saturated Fat 40.5 g202.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129 mg43%
Sodium 50.4 mg2.1%
Total Carbohydrates 592 g197.5%
Dietary Fiber 39.8 g159.3%
Sugars 509.7 g
Protein 24 g48.1%
Vitamin A 30% Vitamin C
Calcium 17.7% Iron 92.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet