|Mixed fruits||13 Cup (208 tbs) (dried & candied fruits and nuts)|
|Rum||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a large pot, add 1 cup each of the dried cranberries, candy cherries, green candy cherries, mixed peel, orange peel, lime peel or citron, candied pineapple, California raisins, dark raisins , golden raisins, diced dates, dried apricots and currants.
2. Stir in the rum, mix well. Put the lid on the pot and leave it aside for 24 hours.
3. Line the desired cake pans with parchment paper and grease them well and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl cream the butter using an electric mixer.
5. Add in the molasses, honey and combine well.
6. Add the eggs one at a time while beating the batter. Set aside.
7. In another bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon and ground cloves, stir lightly. Beat this dry ingredients mixture into the wet ingredients until well incorporated.
8. Add in all the soaked dry fruit-rum mix into the egg-flour batter and mix until well incorporated.
9. Take the lined and greased pans, add the batter up to 3/4 the measurement of each pans. Even out the top surface of the batter using a spatula and bake these pans at 250 for 2 1/2 hours to 4 1/2 hours, depending on the size of the pans.
10. Insert the tester after 2 1/2 hours to check if the cake has been cooked.
11. Once done, remove the pan from the oven and wrap them in a rum soaked cheesecloth, plastic wrap and a foil and keep this aside in cold place for a few weeks until the dried fruits ripen.
12. Decorate the fruit cake with a favorite icing and top it with dry fruits or melted chocolate.
Calories 216 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.9%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73 mg24.3%
Sodium 120.4 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 16.9 g
Protein 3 g7%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 27.1%
Calcium 6% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet