Sherry Nut Fruitcake
|Dry sherry||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Golden raisins||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Candied red cherries||3⁄4 Pound|
|Candied green cherries||3⁄4 Pound|
|Candied red pineapple||3⁄4 Pound, chopped|
|Candied green pineapple||3⁄4 Pound|
|Chopped pecans||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), divided|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground mace||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Strawberry preserves||10 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Almond extract||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Orange extract||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use As Per Requirement)|
1) Place raisins in a bowl and pour sherry over them. Soak overnight.
2) Take a 10 inch tube pan and grease it. Also, line it with waxed paper.
3) Preheat oven to 275° F.
4) Take the bowl with raisins and mix together red cherries, green cherries, red pineapple, green pineapple and pecans in it. Dredge in about 1 cup flour and stir to coat evenly. Set aside.
5) Take a large mixing bowl and cream butter in it. Gently stir in sugar, beating until mixture turns fluffy and light.
6) Add the eggs, one at a time. Beat nicely upon each addition.
7) Take a mixing bowl and combine together salt, 2 cups flour, cinnamon, allspice and mace in it.
8) Add the mixture to the creamed mixture alternating with whipping cream.
9) Add the flavorings and strawberry preserves. Mix nicely.
10) Stir in the fruit-nut mixture
11) Bake in the oven for about 3 hours or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
12) Cool the cake completely in pan. Remove from pan and also remove waxed paper.
13) Place cake on a serving platter. Brush the top with corn syrup. Garnish with candied cherries and pecans, if desired.
Calories 1436 Calories from Fat 503
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.5%
Saturated Fat 16.6 g82.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 188 mg62.7%
Sodium 312.9 mg13%
Total Carbohydrates 226 g75.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.3%
Sugars 160.8 g
Protein 13 g26.4%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 23.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet