Holiday Fruitcake Cookies
|Flour||4 Cup (64 tbs), sieved|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg||2 , beaten|
|Buttermilk/Thick sour milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pecan||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Candied cherries||1 Cup (16 tbs), quartered|
|Date||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Candied fruit and peel||4 Ounce (1 cup /2 cans)|
|Candied cherries||2 Tablespoon (Red/ Green, as required)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 187.5 C (375 F).
2. Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda. Sieve together and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine sugar and shortening. Cream well.
5. Add eggs and beat well.
6. Add sour milk and sieved ingredients and mix well using a rubber spatula.
7. Add remaining ingredients (apart from red and green candied cherry) and mix well.
8. Place spoonfuls, 2 inch apart, on greased baking tray and top each with cherries.
9. Bake in pre heated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or till done.
10. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool. Makes 96 no-€™s.
11. Place on a serving tray and serve immediately or store in cookie jars.