|Candied red cherries||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Candied green cherries||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Pecans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Canned flaked coconut||7 Ounce (1 Can)|
|All-purpose flour||4 1⁄4 Cup (68 tbs), divided|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a bowl, mix red and green cherries, pecans and flaked coconut.
2. Dredge the fruit-cocnut mixture with 1/4 cup flour; set aside.
3. In a bowl, cream butter; gradually add sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time; beat well after each addition.
5. In a different bowl, add remaining 4 cups flour, baking powder, and salt.
6. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternating with orange juice, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition.
7. Mix in fruit mixture.
8. Transfer the batter into prepared pan.
9. Bake for 2 1/2 hours or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
10. Remove from oven and cool in pan 20 minutes.
11. Take away the cakes from the pans and cool completely on a wire rack.
12. Make slices and serve.