Original Fruit Cake
|Shortening/Margarine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Honey||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Powdered cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Powdered clove||1 Teaspoon|
|Fruit||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped raisins||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 Teaspoon (Extra For Greasing Pans)|
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 325° F. Grease two deep loaf pans.
2. Blend together the shortening, honey and salt. Add the eggs and mix thoroughly.
3. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the flour to sprinkle over the raisins. Sift the remaining flour with the baking powder and spices and add alternately with the liquid to the creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition.
4. Add the raisins dusted with the flour, then add the nuts and mix thoroughly.
5. Pour into the 2 pans. Bake about 1 hour. When baked, let stand in pans about 5 minutes, then remove from pans onto cake rack, right side up, to finish cooling.
6. When thoroughly cooled, wrap the cold cake in waxed paper and store in a covered container in a cool place (not the refrigerator, however).