Spiced Fruit Cake
|Unsifted flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Diced candied cherries||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs) (Green Colored)|
|Diced candied cherries||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs) (Red Colored)|
|Coarsely chopped walnuts||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||6 Tablespoon|
1. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and all spice together. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine candied cherries and walnuts and set aside.
3. In another large bowl cream butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar and honey. Beat in eggs one at a time.
4. Add flour mixture and beat until smooth,
5. Beat in brandy.
6. Fold in nut mixture.
7 Pour batter into a deep straight-sided 1 1/2-quart non-metallic casserole. Heat, covered with a piece of greased wax paper, in Microwave Oven 6 to 8 (8 to 10) minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake.
8. Let cake stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before turning out of pan.
9. If desired, a glaze may be prepared from confectioners' sugar and water.