1. Cut the choice of fruit in to bite sized pieces.
2. In a saucepan, bring the sugar syrup to boil.
3. Add the fruits in the syrup, ensuring that the fruits get covered with syrup.
4. Lower the heat and allow the fruit to simmer for about 3 to 10 minutes, or until the fruits get soft.
5. Remove the fruit, strain the syrup and return the syrup to same saucepan.
6. Heat the syrup until it reduces and gets thick.
7. Place cooked fruit into serving bowl and drizzle syrup on top.
8. Serve Poached Fruit hot.
You can use any firm fruit, apple, pears and peaches are commonly used.