Wegmans Grilled Pineapples and Bananas
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||4 Tablespoon|
|Pineapple||1 Large, remove rind, sliced in 3/4-inch rounds (about 8 slices)|
|Bananas||4 Large, unpeeled, halved lengthwise|
|Honey||2 Tablespoon (Wegmans Clover Honey)|
|Caramel sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Wegmans Creamy Caramel Dessert Sauce)|
|Chocolate syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Wegmans Triple Chocolate Dessert Sauce)|
|Slivered almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped, toasted|
1. Preheat grill on HIGH 10 minutes.
2. Combine sugar and cinnamon in small, covered container. Shake to mix well; pour onto large shallow bowl or plate.
3. Blot pineapple slices dry with paper towel. Dip both sides in cinnamon-sugar mixture; coating completely. Set aside on prep tray.
4. Spread 1 tsp of honey evenly along cut side of each banana. Let set 2 min. Dip cut side in cinnamon-sugar mixture; coating completely. Set aside on prep tray.
5. Clean grill with wire brush. Place nonstick foil on grill.
6. Place fruit, cut side down on grill. Grill on MEDIUM-HIGH until caramelized on both sides and dark brown. Grill pineapple slices 3-4 minutes per side; banana halves about 4 minutes. Timing for fruits may differ. Be sure to check for color often.
7. Transfer to clean serving platter.
8. To serve the Grilled Pineapple:, drizzle with Caramel Sauce; sprinkle with toasted chopped slivered almonds
9. To serve the Grilled Bananas, drizzle with Chocolate Sauce; sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Don't eat the peel!
10 You can serve grilled fruit with Vanilla Greek Yogurt as an accompaniment if you like.
Toast nuts in skillet on MEDIUM-HIGH, 1-2 min, until lightly browned. Let cool.
Calories 806 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 196.1 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 169 g56.2%
Dietary Fiber 14.5 g58.1%
Sugars 122.7 g
Protein 10 g19.7%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 242.5%
Calcium 17.3% Iron 21%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet